Home > 2012 > What Do You Want To See From An iPad MLS App?

What Do You Want To See From An iPad MLS App?

iPad MLS app from CTMLS

We get calls literally everyday from folks asking if the MLS works on the iPad. I always say, the good news is, yes it does. You can access FusionMLS, our next generation of MLS, using the Fusion Experience app on your iPad. It’s nearly fully functional and allows you to do almost anything you need to do within the MLS on your iPad which makes you even more mobile.

So my first question is, have you tried the Fusion Experience app? If not, you should go download it with your iPad and get started with it. Take it for a test drive and see what you think. Then if you don’t mind point Safari to http://ctmls.ctreal.com and comment on this blog post so we can hear your feedback.

The mobile world is moving fast and just as fast as these apps are pumped out, new apps are coming to the market and the old ones are becoming obsolete. Here at CTMLS we want to be ahead of the curve so we are reviewing all of our mobile options and now we are turning to you to answer a few simple questions for us.

What do you want to see from an iPad MLS app?

Do you need full functionality?

Are there add-ons that you’d like to be able to access on the go (i.e. Realist)?

Anything and everything you can think of is welcome in this thread. We want to hear the good, the bad and the ugly from you so we can continue to hone our mobile presence to best serve you and your on-the-go needs.

Thanks for your feedback!!

Posted in Mobile | Tagged , , | 9 Comments

9 Comments

1. dEBBIE BATTISTA
    Posted October 20, 2012 at 11:38 pm | Permalink

OK WHAT ABOUT IPHONE?

• Adam
      Posted October 22, 2012 at 10:16 am | Permalink

@Debbie, iPhone too, we want to hear about all your mobile needs. Lay it on us!!

2. CC
    Posted October 21, 2012 at 7:46 pm | Permalink

What do I want from a mobile app?

Gee I dont know maybe…a real mobile application! This nothing more than the desktop experience streamed to my iPad screen. Except my iPad is not my desktop. For instance, do I really need a “touchpad” mouse on my TOUCH screen?

This is not even close the best way to interact with MLS so first and foremost I want to see the user-experience be vastly improved upon to take advantage of the smaller form factor and touch input.

iPads are now outselling all PC manufactures and clearly devices like them are what the average Joe will have as their main device going forward. So why on earth am I interacting with it like an infuriating laptop?

• Adam
      Posted October 22, 2012 at 10:17 am | Permalink

@CC I appreciate your frustrations and this is why we are looking at this issue so closely and trying to get a handle for what iPad users want. Your feedback is invaluable and we will include it in our discussions.

3. Posted November 2, 2012 at 12:34 pm | Permalink

The Fusion Experience app is awful. The interface is so frustrating that I haven’t used it since I downloaded it two month ago. It doesn’t use the touchscreen’s advantages, it poorly imitates a touchpad and mouse which I have on my laptop.
    Of course I want full functionality! Will you discount my fees for those functions I don’t use?
    The Fusion Experience app is a huge disappointment.

• Adam
      Posted November 7, 2012 at 1:53 pm | Permalink

@Bill, I am sorry your experience wasn’t good. If you downloaded it a while ago, you might want to try to delete it and re-download it as there have been some updates to the app.

4. Phil Carloni
    Posted November 10, 2012 at 9:57 am | Permalink

Hi Adam,
    What would be useful would be to have the whole listing agreement and forms fillable on the program so forms can be signed by the client on an iPad or tablet and pdfs created to forward to the client. Our agents are starting to be questioned by clients about why we are still doing things on paper. If the fact sheet is filled out in the system with the clients then the data will not have to be re-entered to put it online. Thanks.

• Adam
      Posted November 12, 2012 at 8:37 am | Permalink

@Phil, that’s a great point. I know that one of the big things we talked about in our iPad forums last week was fillable forms to be used on the iPad/tablet.

5. Posted October 22, 2013 at 5:55 pm | Permalink

What seriously influenced you to post “What Do You Want To See From An iPad MLS App?
    ”? I actuallyseriously loved the blog post! Thanks for your effort -Maria